Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Life After Christmas

So I am already missing my weekly goal of one post a week!  I am not too suprised.

 I must admit to being a little bit down after the holiday's.  I really missed being with my family in California.  And then, once Christmas was over, all that I have been thinking about and working on are finished.  We have been on a break from preschool and will start up again in February.  I have really missed the twice a week interaction with the other families.  Of course there are many other factors but I won't go into those on this post.  The result of this mild depression is a dirty house, piles of laundry, lack of discipline, lack of attention to my husband and children, not much time spent with the Lord, and an obvious lack of motivation. 

This is obviously a change in subject, but I wanted to share.  One thing I have been doing a lot of is crochet.  I got back into crocheting a few months ago.  I crocheted hats for my girls and all the kids in preschool.  Then I found this book called Tasty Crochet.  It has all kinds of food items that you can crochet.  So I got this idea to make a bunch of them for Sequoia's birthday (which is just around the corner).  She doesn't have any food play things so I know she will love them.  And they have been so fun to make.  Here are some pics of the things I have finished so far.

 Salami sandwhich on whole weat

Pancakes, Eggs and Bacon
Toaster Studel and toast triangles.

3 comments:

anjuli paschall said...

jill,
you are amazing! i love your creative projects. i wish i were that creative :) i hope you are well! your kids are so cute and getting so big. hope to see you soon!

Heidi said...

OK...totally love the profile picture! I love the food. I may have to do that for Max. I think he would love it. Especially the pancakes ;)

Thany said...

I am absolutely buying this book and making this stuff....all I know how to make are scarves and big blankets shaped like scarves. But saying I made bacon? It is probably the coolest thing ever.